Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Booth Family Center offers homeless families a safe haven in which to rebuild their lives in the Grass Valley area.
Focusing on breaking "the cycle of poverty," we teach families life skills needed to ensure stability and for the building of a solid foundation from which families can grow and reach self-sufficiency together. The goal is not to just provide temporary housing for homeless families, but to help prevent them from returning to homelessness, now and in the next generation.
- Case Management: Weekly meetings with the case manager for goal setting and review. Case Managers help you create a plan and stick to it.
- Savings program: To build the funds necessary to for a deposit and first month's rent on a place of their own.
- Regular house meetings: To promote a healthy team atmosphere and encourage each other through shared successes.
- Budgeting classes: Learn and reinforce basic personal finance principles.
- Parenting classes: Help building strong skills in raising children during turbulent times.
- Tutoring and Counseling: Sessions to help with studies, credit card management and other life skills.
- Smoking cessation as well as drug and alcohol counseling and intervention.
- Referral assistance to the wide array of community services available.
- Job search and interview classes, plus a wide variety of educational classes.
- Case Management and referrals after they have successfully completed the program.
The Booth Family Center is located at 12390 Rough & Ready Hwy, Grass Valley, CA 95945. Please call (530) 272-2669 for more information.